Heart attack or also known as myocardial infarction is sudden death of heart muscle due to blood clots in the coronary arteries. The task of the heart to pump 4-5 liters of blood every minute throughout the body becomes not smooth if the heart muscle is damaged. If blood flow is not restored to the heart muscle and the period of 20-40 minutes can cause death.
Expert Noel Bairey Merz C cardiac, MD says the pain is felt during a heart attack differ between men and women.
“The symptoms can be significantly different between women and men,” said Merz, who also chairs the American College of Cardiology’s Prevention and Cardiovascular Diseases Committee, as quoted from Medicinenet.
The difference is partly because women have less arteries than men. Consequently during a heart attack, women and men show different symptoms.
Perceived symptoms of heart attack guy:
- Chest pain, seemed to be overwritten load, pain, pinched and burned causing suffocation and strangulation in the neck.
- This chest pain then spreads to the left arm, neck and back.
- Arise in a cold sweat, body weakness, palpitations
Perceived symptoms of heart attack women:
- Experiencing shortness of breath
- Unusual fatigue
- Cold sweat
- Nausea, dizziness
- Experiencing anxiety or fear.
At almost the majority of women do not experience chest pain during the phase of a heart attack. In contrast to men, chest pain is the most important symptoms during a heart attack.