In a previous article we discussed the benefits of coconut water for general health, but in fact other than beneficial for our bodies, drinking coconut water during pregnancy is recommended, because it has many health benefits for mother and baby.
There are many essential nutrients in coconut water and have the same level of electrolytic balance we have in the blood. Coconut water is naturally sterile as well. In general, coconut water is very healthy, but even more beneficial for pregnant women.
In tropical countries are warm, and coconuts are available easily, doctors often recommend a minimum one glass of coconut water per day for pregnant women. Coconut help maintain the health of mother and fetal growth.
Tender coconut water (soft or younger) is known as the richest sources of electrolytes, therefore it is highly recommended for people suffering from any illness. Coconut water also contains chloride, potassium, magnesium, moderate amounts of sugar, sodium and high protein.
Potassium from drinking coconut water can help regulate blood pressure and heart function. It is also an excellent source of fiber, manganese, calcium, riboflavin and vitamin C.
As quoted from Babycenter and buzzle, some of the benefits of coconut water for pregnant women are as follows:
1. Coconut water is a natural isotonic beverage. It helps in replenishing lost fluids and salt that is released naturally by the body. Coconut water can greatly prevent dehydration and fatigue.
2. Coconut water is essentially free of fat and zero cholesterol is known as a beverage. Several studies have reported that coconut water also has a positive effect to increase levels of HDL (high-density lipoprotein), the levels of good cholesterol in the body. This can help keep cholesterol levels high.
3. Coconut water is known to strengthen the immune system. Because coconut water is rich in lauric acid which the body uses to produce monolaurin that can fight disease fatty acid derivatives. Lauric acid may have anti-bacterial, anti viral and anti fungal. Ingredients like that can really help strengthen the immune system of maternal and fetal growth, and so prevent the occurrence of influenza infection, HIV, herpes, and others.
4. Other health benefits of coconut water is that can help prevent and treat heartburn. Coconut water is an effective help to clean the intestines and digestive tract. It can relieve pregnant women of heartburn and constipation, are also recommended for people suffering from ulcers.
5. Most women suffering from urinary tract infection (urinary tract infection or UTI). Coconut water is a natural diuretic, can help improve urinary flow and frequency. Thus, coconut water can remove toxins from the body easily, thus preventing urinary tract infections and kidney stones.
6. Coconut water is a natural source and the safe to hydrate the body, and digestion, and is also free of chemicals that contain high amounts of electrolytes.
7. Coconut water lightweight and can even help in weight loss. One cup of coconut water contains only 46 calories, such as 95 percent coconut water is water.
Coconut water in general has many health benefits, and is a great source to replenish the body’s electrolytes, which is why it is recommended for the elderly and the sick.
Thus, pregnant women are encouraged to drink coconut water every day to get all the health benefits as mentioned above. Drinking coconut water is also recommended for pregnant or turmeric mixed with sugar. White coconut meat can also be consumed, because healthy for both mother and fetus.